Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Egg Roll Bowl

This Egg Roll Bowl was apart of my Cheap Eats weekly meal plan and I though I would make a quick post for those of you who have no idea what that is...here she is! Pretty tasty looking wouldn't you say? 
Its easy, healthy and delicious... even my 3 year old gobbles it up! 

EGG ROLL BOWL 
-One package of ground meat, turkey, pork or beef 
-One package of coleslaw mix, I prefer the Asian mix with bean sprouts but i had broccoli coleslaw mix on hand 
- 2 tbsp ginger, freshly grated 
- 3-5 garlic cloves freshly chopped or grated 
- green onion 
- sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- rice to serve over (I had brown minute rice on hand) 

Sauce Mix 
- 1/2 cup Soya Sauce (low sodium is ideal) 
- 3 tbsp brown sugar 
- 1 tsp garlic powder 

-In a large skillet brown your meat with garlic, ginger and salt/pepper - once cooked remove and set aside
-Add coleslaw mix, and green onion to skillet on high heat and sauté 
-Once tender add meat back to vegetable mixture and add sauce mixture 
-Combine all elements and add more ginger (if you adore it like me) serve over rice and garnish with additional green onion and sesame seeds 
-Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment