Monday, February 29, 2016

Cheap Eats 1 : weekly meal planning

Meal Planning for me is always a highlight of my week- it lets me be creative and resourceful. 
These days those skills need to work in overdrive! My husband is back to school finishing off his program and with me being a stay at home mom and a government funded budget, we aren't working on much here. Lets be real... 

I'm excited for the challenge, although times will be tight frugality is something we have adopted since we decided I would stay at home with our little one. Surprisingly- we don't go without too much. We are clever and buy smarter. This is going to be tested the next 6 weeks without my husbands income and I'm sure there are those of you that can relate. 
We do have to be ingenious about not eating ICHIBAN every night now that we have another little mouth to feed... Healthy food is important and so are things that won't be wasted. 
My tactic is to lower our meat intake to a few times a week, my husband is away at school so my opposition to vegetables is in the clear and I'm going to take full advantage! Also choosing produce in season and budget friendly items is obviously imperative! 

Have a peek at my new 'weekly FRUGAL meal plan' & Grocery list-  'Pin-able' to Pinterest 

Hope this helps you pinch a few pennies and still feel satisfied in the kitchen! 
What are your favourite recipes a la cheap?? Ill be looking for more next week 

No comments:

Post a Comment