Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Good cookies from Miss Kay

The kitchen really is my happy place, my kitchen to me is what a garage is to my husband- unfortunately and fortunately (guess depends how you look at it) it isn't a hidden away spot of recluse. Its smack dab in the middle of chaos. 
But on those rare occasions when the moon and stars align I'm allowed to play and try and zen just me and my kitchen. 
(the same kind of rambling occurs in the kitchen as well except in the end its sometimes cookies, and then i eat them) 

SO.... my latest cookbook obsession is this Miss Kay's (yes from Duck Commander) Cookbook. 
This is my first and simplest trial- but i think you can learn a lot from a chocolate chip cookie. 
I love Miss Kay and when i saw this little beauty at homesense for a deal- i had to have it. 
She didn't disappoint.Good Job. Amazing really- I made 3 batches (after we ate the trial) and they are probably the best 'go to' simple recipe. Not healthy just good, kids and husbands keep coming back for more kind. 

Soft and moist, easy to make, simple, quick, delicious, well, you had me at cookie... 


 

As Miss Kay calls them 
'Grandmas Chocolate Chip Cookies'

(Miss Kay says they make 12, but i easily got double that, god bless southern portions)

-2 Sticks (1/2 pound) butter or margarine, softened 
-3/4 cup white sugar 
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar (either light or dark) 
-1 lrg egg 
-2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 
-1 tspn baking soda 
-1/2 tspn salt 
-1 cup coarsely chopped pecans 
-2 cups chocolate chips 

personally i left out the nuts and i found this was way too many chocolate chips 
(i know, i didn't believe there to be a thing) 

1) heat oven to 375 F 
2) with electric mixer, beat eggs, sugars and egg until creamy 
3) sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir in by hand buts and chips
4) drop onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart 
5) bake 8-10 minutes until light brown. 
DO NOT OVERCOOK- this is paramount. The centres will be soft and glorious. 

Cool slightly on cookie sheets and remove to a cooling rack- then if you can wait for the chocolate to harden - good for you - otherwise go ahead and burn your sweet lips, these babies are worth it! 


mmm mmm a little south in my mouth- ill be catching up with Kay again soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment