Tuesday, August 4, 2015

weekly meal planning- 'pin'able version

Call me crazy but one of my most favourite parts of handeling the household is meal planning, grocery shopping, prep and of course cooking.
Each week I enjoy sifting through pins and recipes to plan food for my family. This helps me all feel organized and it takes the guesswork out of dinner time.

My guys are fussy eaters, but that's real world so I don't always get to cook what I want but I make sure it's a balance of new things to broaden their horizons and old favourites. For my interest it keeps things new in the kitchen too

I have a wonderful planner that allows me to slot in my meals and so me, my planner and Pinterest sit down once a week, check the schedule and plan meals accordingly.
I've made this weeks pretty for you and because it makes it more fun, if you want to use this weeks meal planner go ahead! Print it out or 'Pin' it along with the grocery list and enjoy! 

My intention with this blog is to help make managing family life a little easier and enjoyable in this 'oh so busy' world. To offer tips and tricks to the average super mom that my family and I have found useful. Managing the day to day with littles is a serious learning curve so help yourself to a little meal planning ease and it will look cute on the fridge between sticky fingerprints and magnetic letters :)

Here's a little look at what's for meals this week in my house!


Monday - Tortellini & peas in olive oil topped with parmesan 
Tuesday - Bacon wrapped BBQ chicken & Cesar salad
Wednesday - Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (made with Tuesdays leftovers)
Thursday - Sausage & Veggie Jambalaya
Friday - Meatloaf (with secret veggies) & Mashed potatoes 
Saturday - Steak Sandwiches & fresh corn on the cob 
Sunday - Slow cooker Turkey Chili & homemade biscuits 

Heres the 'Pretty version' all recipes can be made from your favourites as they aren't too elaborate.
Each week i like to try something new so i will be trying to make homemade biscuits from 'Miss Kay's Duck Commander cookbook' (post coming soon) & this recipe from Pinterest for quick sausage jambalaya and substituting minute rice (minus the shrimp-my gang isn't a fan of the flavour)

Hope this helps inspire your week 'pin' your weekly meal plan here and enjoy another beautiful week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment