Sunday, August 9, 2015

..walk beside me...

Today I'm moved by words I found on Sage Creek Blog  about the power and unity that is womanhood. 

It's bigger than your clique, deeper than family ties and truer than blood. This unity of being a woman ties us together with our challenges and victories. It's is heartbreaking and honouring, full of life, love and grief.
I so often am reminded how truly alone our society makes us feel as working moms, single mothers, daughters, mothers, wives...we are expected to handle it all-smiling and looking slim. Truth is life is hard and we need each other in the peaks and the valleys...it takes a village.. 

There is so much more to womanhood than diets, gossip and play dates. It's being there when the tough gets tougher as life guarantees it surely will. 
The last few weeks of my life have been really hard.. life always has and will continue to surprise us with its sorrow, constant change and beauty... 
I was moved by these words, and just felt like sharing-my heart is worried and my body is tired, and these words have rang so pure in my heart. Hopefully they will come to fruit and inspire the precious and unique bond of womanhood in your life. 

... thank you for being patient for the lapse in my blogging, it has been sparse but it has kept me sane in the wee hours and given me moments of relief.. stay tuned.. the best is yet to come.. 

image credit: sage creek blog

No comments:

Post a Comment